LICENSE OF USE FOR THE ARTWORK OF SYMEON NOSTRAKIS
Symeon Nostrakis's artwork is protected by national and international copyright laws.
Please respect the intent of these laws which enable the development of the Art and Vision of Symeon Nostrakis.
This document is subject to continual revision without notification.
The images available for purchase download are intented for personal use as desktop wallpapers.
You may not use commercially, distribute, reproduce, process or alter in any way the image(s) without permission from Symeon Nostrakis.
You may print a copy for personal use only.
If you are interested in reproducing the art of Symeon Nostrakis please check our following policies and guidelines AND communicate your request by contacting us through this website with a description of intended use.
Symeon DOES NOT grant permission or sell reproduction rights for the use of his art on collateral material such as brochures, business cards, pamphlets, that promote a private practice of any kind. We do not offer reproduction rights for use in self-published books or CD's.
Under the following conditions and for no fee, you may use images by Symeon Nostrakis in your workshop or lecture:
- As a Power Point presentation
- A slide talk, or
- Using an overhead projector lecture
As long as you credit the artist and give the website address "www.333artworks.com" while the artwork is on the screen.
To use artwork on your web site, you are permitted to use up to ONE image on your personal (non-commercial) web site for one year periods (renewable each year) for no fee. A link to www.333artworks.com must be added whenever an image is used on the website with the following stipulations:
1) The image used must be no larger than 400 pixels in any dimension.
2) Images MAY NOT be used on the homepage.
3) Images MAY NOT be used as backgrounds, cropped, or otherwise presented in a manner which obscures the entire image in any way.
4) Images may not be used on web sites deemed inappropriate.
5) All images and web sites must be cleared with us first. Use the contact form on the website to let us know your URL and image information.
6) Images used must have Symeon Nostrakis's website address (www.333artworks.com) clearly visible on the image. If the requested and approved image is not already available with the URL text as described, we will create one for use under these terms of agreement.
7) Images must be hyperlinked to Symeon Nostrakis's website in a blank window using the following HTML code where the file name would replace the "approved_image" text. Sample code follows:
<a href="http://www.333artworks.com" target="_blank"><img src="approved_image.jpg" alt="Image Copyright © Symeon Nostrakis www.333artworks.com" width="xxx" height="yyy" border="1"></img></a>
8) Images may not be modified, colored, animated, or used as an element in a graphic design under any circumstances unless agreed upon through a separate license between Symeon Nostrakis and the specific web site for a specified period of time.
9) Sites in compliance will be publicly listed with a functioning link available at the website's links page so send us your links!
10) A number of images have been prepared for non-commercial use here.
To use an image as an Avatar:
1) Images must not exceed 200 pixels in any dimension
2) Images used must have Symeon Nostrakis's website address (www.333artworks.com) clearly visible. If the requested and approved image is not already available with the URL text as described, we will create one for use under the terms of agreement.
3) Images may not be modified, colored, animated, or used as an element in a graphic design under any circumstances unless through separate written license between Symeon Nostrakis and the specific web site.
For no fee, you may have a tattoo made from Symeon's artwork under the following conditions:
1) Employ the best possible artist who is capable of rendering the best reproduction of the work and thereby giving the most beautiful results.
2) Send a good quality photo of the finished tattoo (work in progress photo also requested but optional) with your name to: email@example.com.
3) Grant free use of the photo of your tattoo for any subsequent publication approved by Symeon Nostrakis. Credit will be included.
COMMERCIAL USES / PURCHASING REPRODUCTION RIGHTS:
To use artwork on a book cover or CD cover:
Please submit serious requests only with full details of the publication through the contact form on the website.
Symeon offers the reproduction of his artwork free of charge if it used to accompany an interview or article featuring his artwork.
When artwork is used to illustrate articles that do not discuss the work of Symeon Nostrakis, a fee is involved. Use the contact form for a price which will depend upon:
the image(s) chosen
the size of the reproduction
the magazine and circulation
If Symeon Nostrakis's artwork would be used to accompany text referring to the artist and his life, reproduction rights are available at no charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the use.
If Symeon Nostrakis's artwork would be used to illustrate words and concepts of another person a fee is involved. Please use the contact form.
NO PERMISSION GIVEN FOR:
Symeon Nostrakis does NOT give permission to reproduce his artwork for the following uses:
No photo or Xeroxed-type copies whatsoever.
No blotter art.
No party fliers.
No personal business promotion. This includes business cards, brochures, web sites, etc.
No projections at parties without approval.
If you have questions as to whether the use you have in mind is permitted, send a request and description of use via the the website's contact form.
If you are in doubt about a potential use or application, you need to ask us first.